Tee Up In Gym Class
In elementary schools in our community and across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to our First Tee School Program, bringing our curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. By teaching elementary students First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a successful and active lifestyle.
First Tee—Central Carolina offers programming in over 165 schools across central North Carolina, reaching around 70,000 students over the course of last year. We are hoping that over the course of 2020 we may expand our reach and hope to impact even more children within our community.
Our First Tee School Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.